Construct the following Facility Upgrades:
- New Headworks Bar Screen
- Secondary Clarifier Inlet Box and Oxygen Reactor Improvements
- Digester Covers Replacement
- Digested Sludge Dewatering Improvements
- Electrical Upgrades and Improvements
- Appurtenant piping, site work, utilities and paving
- All other work in accordance with the Contract Documents
The Yuba City plant, originally built in 1972, underwent an expansion in 2003 to treat an average of 10.5 million gallons per day. Aging equipment and treatment process units need rehabilitation to extend their service life and reliability in addition to significant electrical and instrumentation improvements.
Make vital improvements to Yuba City’s 47-year-old Wastewater Treatment Facility, to ensure it not only meets their needs and obligations today but well into the future.
Mayor Preet Didbal stated in a press release, “maintaining and enhancing city infrastructure is imperative to the continued economic prosperity of our city. Making these proactive improvements will save ratepayer money and pay dividends for many years to come.”
All businesses and major industries and at least 15,000 homes in the city are serviced by the wastewater treatment facility.